Thursday, June 26, 2008

Where'd it go?

Since Abby got her implant, she has been sticking her finger in her left ear, shrugging her shoulders, and saying 'where'd it go'. Once you get a CI your normal functioning ear functions no more. So any 'residual' hearing that Abby had in the left ear is now gone, and therefore no reason to stick a hearing aid on it.

We have a follow up with Dr Clary today. She is still doing amazingly well. I only give her Tylenol w/ codeine twice a day and she probably doesn't even need that anymore. I think this weekend I will try just regular Tylenol and see how she does, and then move her completely off anything for pain. She will keep taking anti-biotics for at least one more week.

Audiology called yesterday and wanted to move Abby's initial stim up to next week. I would have LOVED to do this, but Seth and I have already scheduled vacations for the original dates of 7/9 & 7/10 so we will keep the dates as is.

I just was pointed to a really awesome website www.deafvillage.com. It has links to tons of blogs of families dealing with deafness. I sure hope to make some new friends there as many of them have already been thru experiences we are just beginning.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Glad she's doing so great! We'll have to get together again sometime soon with all the kiddos!