Thursday, June 5, 2008

12 More Days!

OK, so far I'm not so good at keeping up with this thing. It's a lot of pressure, and I don't have much to talk about : )

Abby's surgery is just 12 days away. People keep asking me if I'm nervous, and really, I'm not! We have been waiting for this day for over 2 years now. I know Abby has the absolute best Doctor performing the surgery, and I am just at peace with everything that's going to happen. I also have complete confidence that God is taking care of her and that everything will just go great!

I'm very anxious to see the changes in Abby once she gets her implant turned on. I really believe her speech is just going to take off within a few months of her 'initial stimulus' (turn on of the implant. She gets her implant turned on July 9 and 10, so between that and her surgery I have lots of excuses to take time off work!!

Ok, I REALLY wil try to get some pictures uploaded here over the next day or two.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I finally got a gmail account so I can leave a comment on your site :) How come there's a wait between surgery and when they activate the implant? Is it just for it to heal?

Georgia said...

Hannah, I'm so glad you got in touch! It was great to hear from you. I look forward to the pics!