Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Where's my baby?

I have been asking myself this question all week. This week it seems Abby has suddenly gone from a baby to a very grown-up, Big Girl! Here are all the Big Girl milestones that she has accomplished within the last week.
1. Moved to the Big Girl (toddler) bed. This was a bit traumatic, as Abby does not like change. She was fine with the toddler bed coming into her room, but was VERY upset about the crib leaving. She got over it pretty quickly and now gets into her big girl bed at bedtime and stays there until she falls asleep.
2. PeePee on the potty! This was a one time thing, but Abby was so excited about it. She is well on her way to potty training. I think as soon as we take the time to work on it with her she will be trained in no time.
3. No more Paci. Abby hasn't taken her pacifier during the day for a while, and all of a sudden this week she decided that she doesn't need it at bedtime anymore.
4. This is my favorite! Abby got her ears pierced last weekend! She has little pink diamonds and she looks so cute with them. The experience was not as traumatic as I thought it would be. She did cry for just a minute after the first one, and of course then knew what was coming with the second one. But, once she saw them in the mirror, she was very proud!
So, no more babies for me! They grow up so fast it's unbelievable.

I'll post some pictures of Abby with her new earrings later this week.

1 comment:

Susan said...

So where did you end up getting her ears pierced? Lots of changes for one week! Sounds like she's really growing up!