Friday, August 15, 2008

Lots to talk about

I haven't posted in a while so I have a lot of catching up to do.



First, here is a really sweet picture of Abby in her Big Girl Bed.


And here is big brother snuggling her to sleep one night. The pictures are a little grainy as we took these with the lights off. As you can guess it ended up with lots of giggles and no sleep until we broke up the party.


Next week starts the first day of school for Abby. After thinking about how hectic our schedule is going to be we decided to make a few changes. Seth has school from 8:15 - 11:30, and he will stay in extended care from 11:30 - 3:30. Abby has school from 9am to noon. She will be in extended care at her school from 8:30 - 9am, and then from noon to 3:15. I have gone back down to part time hours. 35 hours a week/ 7 hours a day, and will just work while they are in school.

So going to school is quite the experience. I had a ton of forms to fill out and had to get Abby's immunization and other Dr records. I have to take time off work just to get all the right forms signed by the right Dr's : )

I'm excited about Abby starting school, and I'm so glad we made the decision to keep her there for extended care everyday. She will be with speech therapists and other deaf educators all day long. It really is the best place she could be!


Seth starts school Sept 3. I know that's really late, but they lengthened his school day by 30 minutes so they will still get out by late May.


Exciting, busy times!

No comments: