Friday, February 6, 2009

What Next!!??

The last couple weeks have been full of stress and not much fun for our family. We certainly need to schedule something fun to make up for all of this.

1. All of us had a stomach bug (each about a week apart).

2. Boeing laid off 10% of their IT department last Friday. The days leading up to that were very stressful, but thankfully I'm not affected by the layoffs. This is the first time I've been through the possibility of layoffs in my 11+ years at Boeing. It is very sad to see peers and friends who will be leaving in about 2 months.

3. Abby got sick yesterday. A few weeks ago when we all had the stomach bug, Abby didn't have a very big 'case' of it. I guess she made up for that yesterday when she couldn't keep anything down for about 10 hours.

Now for some fun!

This week is going to be beautiful and I plan to get outside and enjoy it! I think a trip to the Park would do us all some good : ) Tomorrow is my grandma's 92nd birthday. Can you imagine living 92 years! We will go to Waterloo tomorrow to celebrate with her. It will be fun for the kids to see all of their cousins from my side of the family.

I realize I haven't posted any pictures here in a while. Maybe I can work on that this weekend too!!

1 comment:

trina said...

ulhello how are you. my name is trina m holestine. i live in the usa and i was doing some history research on my holestine family and i ran acrossed your name. i know that i have family members that i dont know about and i was thinking that you might be one of them? i was wanting to know if you can email me back and let me know if you think this could be posiable..sodacan1909@yahoo.com i was also reading about your daughter and i am very sorry to hear about that she will be in my prayers :) i too have a little girl with medical problems and it is hard at times. she has low muscle tone she can not lift her head or crawl yet and she is 7 months old and she might be blind aswell i dont know yet. but i do know what you mean about being scrared over your child its not easy. what can a mother do other then love there children and hope for the best for them :)
hopefully i will be getting a email bacvk from you...god bless :)