Monday, September 15, 2008

Settling In

I think we are all finally settling into our school time routine. Seth LOVES Jr Kindergarten and is learning so much already. I am really impressed with the program his school does for JK. They are doing a kindergarten curriculum and next year, in kindergarten, they will be doing an advanced curriculum. He is certainly tired when the day is over. In the afternoons he goes to PEP club (extended care) and he has finally resigned himself to take a 30 minute nap. That helps him not to be wiped out completely in the evenings.

I took Seth to the Magic House the day before he started school. I had to laugh (as I could related well) to one of the factoids posted on the wall; "The average four year old asks 437 questions a day." How true, how true. It seems Seth is starting to contemplate the meaning of life and asks some really tough questions. The other day he asked me if you get to pick who you marry. I asked if he had anyone in mind, but he blushed and said he did not : )

Abby is also settling in. She is growing so much in her speech. She is continuing the N, P, and still working on TH. Just the fact that she is working on TH means she is hearing it now, so that is really great. She is also using S more and more often. I've noticed it most when she says "ou-si" (outside). I am so amazed at her ability to adapt to all the changes in her life this last few months. She is definitely my miracle girl!

I love this time of year. The weather is beautiful and we can start counting down till Christmas !!!

No comments: